Since 1975, Epicomm has served the specific needs of the quick and small commercial printer through its predecessor organization, the National Association of Quick Printers (NAQP). Epicomm continues to provide resources that address the concerns of those owning and/or managing printing and mailing companies with 25 or fewer employees.
What Epicomm provides to our Epicomm 25 members:
- Epicomm 25 quarterly print newsletter
- Leading Indicators™ program
- eKG™ Customer Assessment
- REVIEW a monthly electronic eNewsletter
- Discounts from vendors that quick and small commercial printers use regularly
- Epicomm 25 specific articles in Bottom Line, our bi-monthly magazine
- Online Community group specifically for Epicomm 25 members
Epicomm’s educational outreach programs, developed under the guidance of a steering committee comprising fellow small company owners, its peer networking opportunities, and its management tools all serve to help these companies grow in the face of the special challenges unique to owner-operators.
And these proprietary Epicomm publications, programs, and services serve all its member segments:
- State of the Industry economic and industry trends research, reports, and newsletters.
- Bottom Line bi-monthly print magazine and Review monthly electronic newsletter.
- Leading Indicators™ financial performance benchmarking program.
- CEO Roundtable™ executive performance program.
- NexGen Leaders™ young executive development program.
- Young Professional networking meetings.
- Online community forum in the Connected Community™.
- Local area Epicomm chapters for regional in-person programs and networking.
Staff Liaison: Ken Garner
Steering Committee Chair: Steve Portrude